Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Sad Story

Background: My dad is about as right-wing as you get. A big Glenn Beck fan, reads books about liberal conspiracies... pretty intense.

Story: My parents came to visit and we went out to eat. While waiting for our food, my dad made the announcement that he got a birthday for my mom (it was her birthday). He pulled out and iPod and I almost cried. I'm not sure my parents understand or even know about my deep loathing for Apple, but I made sure to inform them.

I can't remember exactly how my dad worded it, but he asked why I couldn't just be happy about it because my mom has wanted one for a while. I thought about it and said, "Imagine I just bought a book for my wife that was written by Al Gore." He suddenly became very understanding.

The end.

4 comments:

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

well with reading that story I just thought you'd like to know i have a MAC!!!!!

Sean Phelps said...

Yet another sad story... If there's anything we can do to help you through this problem, let us know. No one deserves the pain that you must be going through. Bad things happen to good people... Be strong. The Mac is bound to break at some point, then you can be free!

Deb Lamb said...

Hmmmm. We have two Macs. I'm getting a little nervous about our future!

Sean Phelps said...

I was going to come up with some seething retort, but I decided to just make a smiley instead.

:c)